What are hyaluronic acid based volumizers?
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers can be used for volume restoration and contouring facial features.66,71,103
Hyaluronic acid volumisers are available in a wide range of viscosities: these can be injected into different layers of your skin to correct both volume loss and structural defects.71
Indeed, it is not simply the addition of volume, but rather the proper aesthetic placement of the HA volumiser in appropriate amounts that will create excellent results in restoring a natural youthful appearance.71
What’s more, new Hyaluronic Acid gels with optimised properties are now available that respect our facial movements for optimised aesthetic results.29
What are the benefits of volumizers?
The use of HA volumisers for the restoration or creation of facial volume can significantly help to rebalance facial disproportion and, by reducing wrinkles and volume loss, can produce a younger and healthier appearance.66,97
Other benefits of HA volumisers:5,27,36,59
- Biocompatible and safe
- Allergic reactions are unlikely
- Can be easily removed if necessary (with a specific treatment that the practitioner may have)
- Minimal patient discomfort and downtime
- Adverse reactions are uncommon
- Results are long-lasting, but not permanent
In which areas are hyaluronic acid volumisers used? 71,103
Volumisers can be used to create volume in targeted areas such as cheekbones and the chin.
They can also be used to recover volume in wide areas such as the cheeks, temples and the jawline.
Which precautions should be taken before an injection? 62,97,98
- Avoid aspirin, anti-inflammatory or anti-coagulation medicines
- Avoid products containing vitamin C
What happens during the injection process?27,31,71,79,97
- The volumiser is injected deeply into the fat layer or at the level of the bone.
- To help minimise any discomfort, the HA volumiser may also contain a pain killer such as lidocaine.
- After the injection, the product is manually massaged to achieve the desired contour
- Large volumes of product may be necessary in order to appreciate the enhancement.
Which precautions should be taken after an injection?61,94,92
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not wear make-up during the 12 hours following an injection
- Avoid extreme temperatures (intense cold, sauna, etc.) during the week following treatment
Consult your practitioner to get the best advice in terms of Hyaluronic acid fillers type of usage in different areas of the face.
How long do the results last?31,32,71,75,79,103
The estimated duration of Hyaluronic Acid volumisers is between 6-18 months.
Nevertheless, the average duration of treatment depends on several factors: our skin type, the severity of the wrinkle/fold to be corrected, the type of injection and the volume of product injected.
Before and After
Cheeks and Cheekbones.
Courtesy of Dr. Kieren Bong (UK)
Facial voluming and contouring.
Courtesy of Dr. Kieren Bong (UK)
Hyaluronic acid mesotherapy
Mesotherapy consists of microinjections of active ingredients, such as Hyaluronic Acid, nutrients and vitamins, just below the surface of our skin (into the superficial dermis to be precise).
Every now and then we all need a boost in some shape or form, and our skin is no exception. Using the same concept as mesotherapy, new treatments known as skin or beauty boosters have recently emerged.